Organic White Basmati Rice 1 KG
Out of stock
Out of stock
Basmati is the perfect rice for any dish that needs its grains to remain intact and separate after cooking. Basmati grains double in length when cooked and don’t get sticky. A traditional white rice, it has had the husk, bran and germ of the grain removed, leaving a bright white grain that has a longer shelf life and stores better than other varieties (like brown rice.)
Its irresistible aroma and delicate taste make it perfect for dishes with chicken, fish and vegetables, in salads, and as a base for most Asian dishes.
Information: 1 Cup of Basmati Rice is approx 200g. Serving Size 1/3 Cup (75g)
Servings 2-3 Adults
Stove Top (Absorption Method) TIME 17 – 25 minutes
- Bring 1 cup of rice and 1½ cups of water to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stand covered for 5 -10 minutes. Serve.
Stove Top (Gentle Boil) TIME 12 – 15 minutes
- Bring 1 cup of rice and 6 to 8 cups of water to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and boil gently uncovered for 12 minutes.
- Drain well and serve.
Ingredients: 100% Organic Traditional Basmati White Rice, No GM0
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place, airtight container and will last indefinitely.
Nutritional Information: Per 100g
|Fat – Total||.1g|
|Fat – Saturated||.4g|
|Carbohydrate – Total||77.4g|
|Carbohydrate – Sugars||.5g|